Thursday, May 28, 2015

Chapter 12 Journal

My reaction to the end of the novel was that I didn't expect it to end how it did. I thought it would have and ending to where they went back home and how they dealt with the real life after they got rescued from the island. I also thought the ending would've been better. The ending that Golding gave was for me too simple and I felt it needed more detail. I think that Ralph cried at the end of the novel because as is said " 'Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of a man's heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Piggy' "(Golding 202). Basically he cried for what they all have became and what they had caused from being on this island. I also think that he was relieved fro being attack by Jack and Roger; due to the officer coming and finding them. The character I most despise would probably be Jack. I despise him the most because he was the leader of the savages and he set the example for them. Under his "rule" he and the savages caused death. I feel if Jack never wanted the urge to lead and be different then I feel the deaths the savage manner wouldn't cause as much damage as it did. I would only recommend this book to someone who really would pay attention to detail such as the symbolism. I know that most people out there really wouldn't do so, so I really wouldn't recommend this to any regular person.

No comments:

Post a Comment